Hippocrates (the Father of Medicine) noticed that fishermen would soak their injured hands in seawater to cleanse and heal them. As a result, they had less infections or complications, regardless of the wound or injury.
Today, these healing baths are most commonly known as Pink Himalayan Salt, Dead Sea Salt, and/or Ancient Clay baths.
Normally, when we take a bath the hot water causes moisture to be extracted from the skin. With a detox bath, minerals are absorbed into the body while toxins are released from the body into the bath water.
Detox Bath Benefits
Studies have shown that Clay and Salt Detox baths offer numerous benefits including increased blood flow and circulation, and decreased stress and anxiety.
- May help the body eliminate salt (which causes excess bloating), toxins, alcohol, and heavy metals.
- May help to unclog pores and improve skin tone.
- Burns calories.
- Has been shown to help strengthen immune system (when your body heats up it generates white blood cells).
- Help to relax the body and relieve stress by heating up the muscles.
How to Mix a Detox Bath
Run your bath to the desired temperature. Add all of the following goDésana Detox bath ingredients. Mix; soak for 30-45 minutes.
- 1½/ cup of goDésana Pink Himalayan Bath Salt (draws out toxins and supports pain relief).
- 1½ cup of goDésana Dead Sea Bath Salt (rich in trace minerals).
- ½ cup of goDésana Clay Vitality Detox Powder (assists with stimulating the lymphatic system).
- 10 drops of goDésana L-Stimulate essential oil (supports, and strengthens the flow of the lymphatic system).
- 10 drops of goDésana Pink Grapefruit essential oil (may assist with liver and a sluggish lymph system).